The Ministry Associate Programme (MAP) is an internship intended to provide an intensive training in gospel ministry for those showing leadership potential. It combines Biblical and theological training with hands-on ministry experience alongside a member of the staff team in an international church setting. It is designed especially for those who are exploring the possibility of full-time ministry in the future. This internship is a full-time position (40 hours per week), initially for a one-year period, with an option for a second year.
The Ministry Associate is attached to St Andrew’s Church (the “Church”), and will be involved in three broad areas:
A. Practical ministry and service in a range of contexts within the Church
B. Mentoring and supervision by a staff member
C. Formal theological training
A. Practical Ministry & Service within the Church
The Church is to provide practical ministry experience to the Ministry Associate. This includes:
1. Involvement in Sunday Evening Church
• Initial involvement in Bible reading
• Eventual involvement in corporate prayer
• Support and pastoral care of congregation members
2. Involvement in Youth Ministry
• Co-leading Youth group meetings on Friday nights and Sunday mornings
• Co-leading and participating in Youth events
• Caring and following-up on the Youth
3. Involvement in Student Ministry
• Lead at student ministry Growth Group
• Read 1-2-1 with students
• Coordinate first contact and campus outreach to draw new students in.
• Help organize events and socials for students.
• Help run social media for student group
4. Involvement in Oxygen (our young adults ministry)
• Participation in all Oxygen events and training
• Help to run events like socials and weekend away
• Help run social media for Oxygen
B. Mentoring & Supervision
The Church is to provide mentoring and supervision to the Ministry Associate, this includes:
1. Regular meeting with a supervisor to review, plan, and read the Bible.
2. Regular meeting with other Church staff to review events and programs through feedback and discussion.
C. Formal Theological Training
The Church is to provide theological education to the Ministry Associate. This includes, participating in the weekly seminars and training offered in-house by the network of international churches involved in MAP.
It is likely that the Ministry Associate’s role will develop over time and other responsibilities and opportunities may arise. The responsibilities of the Ministry Associate can be revised in consultation between the Ministry Associate and the Vicar, as assisted by the Executive Director.
Please add a cover letter to your CV. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Your application was submitted successfully.