St Andrew’s is a large Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong. Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Mandarin. We are seeking a minister who will have oversight over our vibrant families and pastoral care ministries. This position will report to the Vicar.
The successful applicant will be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel, and already fruitful in a similar role. Essential requirements include:
• Excellence in expository preaching, teaching, and leadership.
• High competence in recruiting, training, and mobilizing leaders and volunteers.
• The ability to think strategically and implement programs.
• Formal theological training at a minimum of BTh level.
• Anglican ordination is preferred, but not essential.
A. General pastoral ministry.
• Regular preaching, teaching and leading across our Sunday services, as well as extraordinary services (weddings and funerals).
• As a senior member of the staff team, working with the Vicar to develop and implement church-wide strategies of teaching and training.
• Pastoral oversight of one of our congregations.
• Oversight of a cluster of Growth Groups.
B. Family Ministry
• Oversight of our family ministries, including marriage and parenting courses, and oversight of family ministry staff.
• Coordinating St Andrew’s weddings ministry, including training and support of marriage mentors, and supervision of the pre-marriage counseling program.
C. Pastoral Care
• Oversight of the pastoral care ministry of St Andrew’s, including developing specific courses related to pastoral care needs.
• Co-ordination of St Andrew’s prayer ministry.
• Training laypeople in pastoral care (courses, 1-2-1s, etc.…)
D. Staff reports
• Director of Children’s Ministry
• Director of Youth Ministry
• Full-time Pastoral Worker – Women’s Ministry
For more information, please contact Alex McCoy (email@example.com).
Your application was submitted successfully.