St Andrew’s Church Kowloon is a large and growing Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s is a church committed to effectively sharing the gospel of Jesus to all cultures and generations in the vibrant city of Hong Kong.
The Church Site Facility Manager will be responsible for proactive and routine maintenance of buildings and church ground, efficient operation of facility and building systems, site safety and security, supervision and allocation of caretaking resources, coordination of facility repairs and renovation by contractors and service providers including quality and compliance management. The church has a developed, multi-used site with considerable landscaped areas, five buildings, a children’s playground, and a brick-paved parking lot, and is located at 138, Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage the routine and preventive maintenance programs for the entire church site.
- Conduct/schedule routine and statutory inspections of the site, buildings, and facility systems (gas, electricity, fire safety systems, CCTV, card access, and lift installations, etc.) to ensure that they are in good, efficient operational condition, and meet safety and regulatory standards.
- Allocate caretaking resources for the upkeep of premises and grounds to ensure that they are kept in clean and presentable order.
- Ensure that service providers perform consistently according to contractual obligations and advice the Executive Director periodically on the service quality and effectiveness of the providers.
2. Train and equip a caretaking team of eight, manage their performance and scheduling to support Sunday services and events setup / takedown, site hygiene and cleaning routines, and premise usage and security monitoring.
3. Perform minor repairs and hands-on maintenance tasks. Troubleshoot ad hoc facility and site operational issues, provide timely report and corrective recommendations to the Vicar and Executive Director, and initiate actions for resolution.
4. Assist the Executive Director in budgetary oversight on property renovations, repairs, and maintenance to achieve cost efficiency, quality assurance, and procedural compliance.
5. Contribute to church management decisions regarding premises management, renovation, and repairs.
- Communicate property renovation and project needs to the Vicar and Executive Director, including the upkeep of an issue log/defect list and status tracking through completion of rectification.
- Facilitate planning and coordination with consultants, contractors, suppliers, and government departments where applicable of property repair and adaptation.
- Participate and support property project proposal and tendering process according to applicable St Andrew’s policies and procedures. Other tasks may include surveys, planning, project definition, compliance checking.
- Maintenance of installation drawing and property records, and essential historical archive.
6. Interface with church staff and onsite tenants on property maintenance, security, and usage policies and suggest procedural guidelines or enhancements. Conduct reviews on tenant contractual compliance, site security and emergency response plan, and insurance matters.
Essential requirements include:
- 5-7 years of experience in managing a large, busy, multi-use property; buildings and grounds maintenance; and service providers.
- Hands-on knowledge and appreciation for the upkeep of both historic and modern building structures.
- A recognised Hong Kong Higher Diploma/Professional Diploma/Bachelor in Property Management or Facilities Management, or the equivalent.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and a keen team player.
- Flexibility to work Sunday duties and emergency calls.
- Able to adhere to the work ethics and values of the church.
- Fluency in Cantonese; conversational English is helpful.
Preferences given to applicants who are/have:
- Members of the Hong Kong Institute of Housing (HKIH), the Property and Facility Management Division of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS) or the Hong Kong Institute of Facility Management (HKIFM)
- Knowledgeable of mechanical and electrical systems, emergency response protocols, building safety regulations.
- A committed evangelical Christian.
- Experience in managing major/minor capital projects: planning, coordination, negotiation, and tendering.
- Application should include a cover letter and resume.
- Please include full name and contact information of at least two referees.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- The closing date for the application is 3 October 2021.