St Andrew’s is a large and growing Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Putonghua.
We are seeking a Pastoral Worker in our growing Putonghua Ministry, who will report to the Director of Putonghua ministry.
- Sunday Service organization
• Organize and coordinate running of the Sunday service
• Assist in identifying, recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers for all aspects of the Sunday morning worship service (praying, bible reading, welcome team, etc.)
• Attend Sunday service, fellowship lunch and an afternoon Growth Group
• Occasionally lead Sunday services, corporate prayer, bible reading, notices, etc.
- Coordinate Growth Groups (bible study groups)
• Disciple Growth Group leaders
• Prepare Growth Group materials e.g. study a Gospel over 10 months
• Organize the administration of Growth Groups, e.g. room bookings, attendance, rotas, calendar, training etc.
- Weekday responsibilities
• Meet with Director of Putonghua ministry two or three times a week
• Read the bible and pray regularly with several people of the same gender (aka 1-2-1s)
• Oversee the Putonghua ministry’s administration (e.g. updating website, printing the Sunday bulletin and booking rooms)
- General St Andrew’s staff involvement
• Being an active member of St. Andrew's Staff team. This includes participation in staff meetings and retreats when required.
• Build good communication with both English and Putonghua congregations
• Perform any additional duties as directed by the Vicar of St. Andrew's.
The successful applicant will be a committed evangelical Christian, who is faithful to the gospel, a team player who adopts a servant-hearted leadership style, pastorally warm, hardworking, and has a teachable spirit with a proven record of faithfulness to a ministry.
Essential requirements include:
- A passion to see Putonghua speakers know God through His Word
- Fluent in Putonghua (preferably a native Mandarin speaker)
- Previous experience with bible study groups and training bible study leaders is essential
- Theological qualifications: minimum diploma level preferred
- Minimum level of English: conversational English
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Punctuality and attention to detail is a must
• Contract Position – 2 years contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance
• 44-hour per week structured in eleven four-hour sessions
• Health insurance
• Salary depends on experience and qualification
• Application should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
• Please include full name, address, phone number and email addresses of at least two referees. One must be your current pastor.
• Application will be closed on 23 July 2021.