St Andrew’s Church Kowloon is a large and growing Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Putonghua.
We are seeking a Ministry Event and Volunteer Coordinator who will work as an enabler and encourager to facilitate volunteer engagement, resource management, and project administration in support of St Andrew’s global and local ministries. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the clergy of St Andrew’s.
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Ministry Volunteer Coordination
- Participate in the newcomer welcoming and integration process to facilitate St Andrew’s community building vision for Gospel sharing and mobilizing Christians for service.
- Recruit volunteers and facilitate their engagement for service projects, including team formation, project orientation and training, logistics, budget tracking, and communication with project partners.
- Assist the Associate Minister (Evangelism and Missions) on mission partner and project initiation, service activities/trip design, moving through proposal review and agreement approval according to church policy.
- Assist the Executive Director on volunteer engagement and administrative projects:
- Promote volunteer placements to match talents/interests with ministry and leadership developmental needs.
- Streamline administrative process for efficient use of resources.
- Liaise with mission partners and evangelistic organizations in the booking and use of facilities.
B. Ministry Event Coordination
- Promote a Christ-centred welcoming and hospitable presence to Sunday service attendees, event participants and visitors.
- Collaborate with ministry overseers, communication and administrative staff on the production of regular, seasonal, and special Sunday services; and major ministry events like church retreats and conferences:
- Gather needs and expectations for services and events to include resource procurement, tracking, and scheduling.
- Facilitate event and program design and execution, including volunteer’s duties and placement, venue decoration, signage, and catering menu.
- Prepare and dissimulate clear instructions to all stakeholders (guests, speakers, volunteers, AV control staff, caretakers for onsite venue setup and takedown, etc.).
- Manage event registration, attendee check-in, reconcile pre- and post- event finances and reimbursements.
- Perform regular risks assessment for onsite and offsite church events; recommend crowd control procedures, safety precautions, and emergency response plan to the Executive Director for implementation.
The successful applicant will be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role. Requirements include:
- Excellent collaborator, facilitator, promoter, and recruiter.
- High competence in interpersonal and communication skills. Comfortable interfacing with a diverse audience.
- Ability to manage ad hoc demands and prioritize strategically. Competency in problem solving and multi-tasking. Attention to details.
- Three years or above experience in project or business administration, public event and volunteer management or customer service. Experience in NGO work is a plus.
- Able to adhere to the Christian work ethics and values of the church. Diploma level of theological training will be advantageous.
- Good command of digital media tools, event management and office productivity software.
- Fluency in English and Cantonese is a must. Ability to speak Putonghua is helpful.
- Contract Position – 2 years contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance.
- 44-hour per week structured in eleven four-hour sessions. Requires regular Sunday duties and occasional evenings.
- 18 days of annual leave.
- Health insurance and MPF.
- Salary depends on experience and qualification.
- Application should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
- Please include full name, address, phone number and email addresses of at least three referees. One must be your current pastor.
- Application will be closed on 15 February 2021.