St Andrew’s is a large Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Putonghua.
Working closely with our Vicar and Executive Director, the Media and Communications Manager will help St Andrew’s to engage with our community and our city by producing professional and culturally effective communication across multiple platforms and creative mediums.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure our communication strategy and practices effectively presents St Andrew’s vision and ministries to a culturally diverse audience across both traditional and innovative media channels.
2. Plan and produce visual and written communication associated with Sunday services, ministry programs and events.
• Design, edit, and produce weekly and event-driven printed materials.
• Create graphics to complement our sermon series, events, and announcements.
• Create videos for notices and testimonials.
• Produce, shoot and edit online Sunday services when required.
• Provide occasional assistance in preparing worship slides on Pro-presenter.
3. Manage digital communication to maintain and promote St Andrew’s online presence.
• Maintain website design and content.
• Prepare regular updates and postings on church social media platforms.
• Develop and execute plans for digital promotion of church programs and events for optimal exposure.
4. Supervise one part-time staff in supporting the work of Communications.
5. Participate in a St Andrew’s ministry that is separate from your main job responsibility. This could be leading a Growth Group, or helping at Youth, being part of the music team or Welcome Team, etc.
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to share the gospel with others.
• Tertiary qualifications in media, design, filming and photography, or the equivalent.
• Three to five years of relevant experience; successful applicants with lesser experience will be offered an Officer position.
• A demonstrated ability to work in a Christian ministry context and understand the uniqueness in producing gospel-centred media content.
• Excellence in creativity and storytelling.
• Proficiency in English is essential. Proficiency in Chinese is preferred.
• Competency in problem-solving, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and teamwork.
• Trained in graphic design and video editing software (e.g. Adobe Suite)
• Working knowledge of website maintenance, user interface design, and content management software.
• Contract Position – 2 years contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance
• 44-hour per week structured in eleven four-hour sessions
• 18 days annual leave
• Health insurance
• Salary depends on experience and qualification
• Application should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Up to five sample design and work products may be submitted.
• Please include full name, address, phone number and email addresses of at least three referees. One must be your current pastor.
• Application will be closed on 15 July 2021.
Your application was submitted successfully.