Shatin Anglican Church (STC) is seeking a full or part-time administrator to assist our staff team.
Shatin Anglican Church is an international, English-speaking evangelical church of about 250 weekly attending members. We’re a diverse and vibrant church in the heart of New Territories in Hong Kong. We are a daughter church of St. Andrew’s Church and a church in the Anglican Diocese of Eastern Kowloon.
• Godly character and self-motivated
• Excellent administrative skills
• Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet
• Computer literate
• Fluent in Cantonese, good command of English
• Hong Kong resident
• Working knowledge of accounting software like Peachtree and beginning level of bookkeeping is preferred
• General administration: renewing licenses and insurance, preparing weekly bulletins, projection slides and other documents
• Finance: prepare monthly accounts, payments and receipts; counting and processing donations
• Preparing weekly volunteer roster and confirming with those scheduled
• Managing the church calendar and coordinate the logistics for church-run events
• Buying and ordering supplies for cleaning, refreshments, stationery etc
• Liaising with building management, cleaning, diocese, utilities, other churches and companies, usually in Cantonese
• Basic WordPress updating/editing of the church website
• Some personal assistant duties for the Minister-in-charge
He/she will be directly accountable to the Minister-in-charge.
Initially, the contract will be for two years. However, our hope is that the right person could stay on for several years.
Salary and Conditions
• Salary will depend on experience and qualification - between MPS 7 (HKD20,035) to MPS12 (HKD27,145).
• Employer MPF pension and medical insurance are provided.
• The person will be entitled to two weeks of annual leave and basic medical cover.
• Application should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
• Please include full name, address, phone number and email addresses of at least two referees. One must be your current pastor.
• The closing date for the application is 20 December 2020.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Your application was submitted successfully.