St Andrew’s is an Anglican, evangelical, international church, located in the heart of Kowloon, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong. It has four English-speaking services and one Putonghua speaking service. We are seeking a Director of Putonghua Ministry who will have oversight over our vibrant ministry to Putonghua speakers. This position is reportable to the Vicar of St Andrew’s.
The successful applicant will be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role. Essential requirements include:
• Excellence in expository preaching, teaching and leadership.
• High level of biblical and theological skills.
• High competence in recruiting, training and mobilizing leaders and volunteers.
• High competence in organizational, communication, and management skills, with the ability to work independently.
• The ability to think strategically and implement programs.
• Formal theological training at a minimum of BTh level.
• Fluency in Putonghua and English is essential, and fluency in Cantonese is preferred.
• Anglican ordination is preferred but not essential.
A. General pastoral ministry.
• Regular preaching, teaching and leading at the Sunday service.
• Pastoral care of church members.
• Building and encouraging a culture of evangelism and outreach.
B. Training and equipping of church members
• Recruiting, mobilizing, training and supporting lay leaders for the work of ministry.
• A particular emphasis in growing the small group bible study ministry as a vital part of the church. This includes overseeing the teaching program, raising and developing leaders, and continuing to build the culture of participation in these groups.
• Develop and implement strategies of teaching and training across the Putonghua Ministry.
C. Operational and administrative oversight of this ministry.
• Working with the Putonghua Ministry committee to ensure the smooth running of this ministry.
• Ensuring the administrative and communications functions of this ministry are operating effectively.
Applications are invited for this position, accompanied by a CV and personal statement by 20th of July 2020.
Your application was submitted successfully.