St Andrew’s is a large Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has five congregations in English and Putonghua. It also has two daughter churches in Shatin and the Sai Kung – Clearwater Bay area.
We are seeking to appoint an Executive Director who can oversee the administrative and operational functions of the church, as well as assisting the Vicar in co-ordinating the ministries of St Andrew’s.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversight of administration and operations
• Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and supervision of operations staff, performing duties in administration, finance and bookkeeping, property management and caretaking.
• Assist the Vicar in human resources matters including staff recruitment, induction and orientation, code of conduct, learning and development, performance reviews.
• Develop and maintain governance procedures to ensure data integrity, information protection, effective employment of resources and facilities and legal compliance.
• Assists the Church Treasurer in the design, implementation and execution of the church's budget.
2. Ministry co-ordination
• Ensure the smooth and effective co-ordination across ministry departments of the church, so that communication, harmony and faithfulness to the church's vision occur.
• Coordinate the management, review and improvement of the church’s calendar which includes event scheduling.
• Assist the Vicar in conducting regular assessments on the health of ministries to recommend and implement changes.
• Assist the Vicar in effective reporting and collaboration with the Church Council and other committees.
• Assist the Vicar in building and managing an effective multinational staff team to align to the church’s vision.
3. Pastoral involvement
• To be part of the St Andrew’s church community including attending Sunday services and leading or attending a weekly small group.
The successful applicant must be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role.
Essential requirements include:
1. High competence in administration and organization, including high competence in identifying and resolving compliance issues relating to church administration.
2. Excellence in interpersonal skills.
3. A team player and a leader, who can motivate and inspire others.
4. Proficiency in English and Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.
5. Relevant experiences in two or more of these fields are highly preferred: legal, accounting, IT, and human resources.
6. Formal theological training at a minimum of diploma level is preferred
Contract Position – 2 years contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance
44-hour per week structured in eleven four-hour sessions.
4 weeks of annual leave
Accommodation is provided
Salary depends on experience
Your application was submitted successfully.