St Andrew’s is a large and growing Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Putonghua.
We are seeking a Pastoral Worker in Children’s Ministry to serve at our English congregations, who will report to the Director of Children’s Ministry.
A. Sunday Morning Children’s Ministry (Kidzone & Creche)
- Assist in the planning and running of the weekly Kidzone and Crehe programs during the 9.30 and 11.30 am services. This includes preparing volunteer rotas, preparing Sunday teaching resources and activities, assisting in set up/pack down and providing exciting and relevant gospel-focused bible teaching when required.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers for children’s ministry.
- Support the Director of Children’s Ministry in the discipleship, coaching and training of volunteers, for example in areas of leadership, classroom management, child discipline, child protection, and teaching curriculums.
- Help and encourage our children to develop spiritual disciplines.
- Provide quality spiritual, emotional and physical care for young children under the age of 10 years old, in a safe environment.
- Assist in the smooth operations of welcoming newcomers and signing-in for Kidzone & Creche members.
B. Weekday Playgroup(s) (Friendship Garden)
- Oversee or assist in the running of our weekday playgroup(s). This includes planning, preparing and leading lessons and activities, and liaising with church staff about facilities and resources usage.
C. Term-base projects & special events
- Prepare children activity booklets for children attending the occasional all-age services (when children are in church with the adults).
- Assist in the stock taking and organizing of Children Ministry resources.
- Assist in the planning and smooth running of Children Ministry events such as Kidzone morning teas and other fellowship events.
D. Schools Ministry
- Assist in the development of a strong relationship with Diocesan Girls Junior School (DGJS) which includes giving a monthly bible talk at school assemblies and helping to run an annual Primary 6 retreat.
- Assist in gospel-based presentations and programs for occasional school visits to our church.
E. General St Andrew’s staff involvement
- Being an active member of St. Andrew's Staff team. This includes participation in staff meetings and retreats when required.
- Build good communication with children, parents and families of St Andrew’s.
- Meet and communicate with the Director and other staff members of Children's Ministry team regularly.
- Perform any additional duties as directed by the Vicar of St. Andrew's.
The successful applicant will be a committed evangelical Christian, who is faithful to the gospel, a team player who adopts a servant-hearted leadership style, pastorally warm, hardworking, and has a teachable spirit with a proven record of faithfulness to a ministry.
Essential requirements include:
- Passionate in seeing children grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- Competent in teaching the bible and leading children (age 0-10) in English in large and small group settings.
- Competent in encouraging the development of a safe and caring environment for learning.
- Competent in identifying, recruiting, coaching, training, and supporting leaders for children’s ministry.
- Competent in providing pastoral care for children.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written).
- Early childhood and/or theological qualifications would be an advantage.
Contract Position - 2 years contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance
Part-time position - 24 hours per calendar week
Salary depends on experience