St Andrew’s is an Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Mandarin. We are seeking an ordained minister who will have oversight over our vibrant families and pastoral care ministries. This position will report to the Vicar.
The successful applicant will be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role. Essential requirements include:
• Excellence in expository preaching, teaching and leadership.
• High level of biblical and theological skills.
• High competence in recruiting, training and mobilizing leaders and volunteers.
• The ability to think strategically and implement programs.
• Formal theological training at a minimum of BTh level.
A. General ordained ministry.
• Regular preaching, teaching and leading across our Sunday services, as well as extraordinary services (weddings and funerals).
• As a senior member of the staff team, working with the Vicar to develop and implement church-wide strategies of teaching and training.
• Pastoral oversight of one of our congregations.
• Oversight of a cluster of Growth Groups.
B. Family Ministry
• Oversight of St Andrew’s family ministry, including marriage and parenting courses, and oversight of family ministry staff.
• Coordinating St Andrew’s weddings ministry, including training and support of marriage mentors, and supervision of the pre-marriage counseling programme.
C. Pastoral Care
• Oversight of the pastoral care ministry of St Andrew’s, including developing specific courses related to pastoral care needs.
• Co-ordination of St Andrew’s prayer ministry.
• Hospital visitation team: supervision and training
• Training lay people in pastoral care (courses, 1-2-1s, etc.…)
D. Staff reports
• Director of Children’s Ministry
• Director of Youth Ministry
• Two Part-time Pastoral Workers – Children’s Ministry
• Part-time Pastoral Worker – Women’s Ministry
• Full-time Pastoral Worker – Women’s Ministry
For more information, please contact Diana Barnett (email@example.com).
Your application was submitted successfully.