St Andrew’s is an Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Putonghua.
We are seeking to appoint a Women’s Pastoral Worker to work with the Associate Minister (Pastoral Care) in discipling women among our English-speaking congregations. She will coordinate women ministry initiatives at St Andrew's and help oversee our Ladies' Growth Groups. She will also assist the Associate Minister in providing pastoral care to our female church members.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Overseeing Women’s Ministry
Coordinating Women Ministry initiatives at St Andrew’s. This includes leading a Women Ministry Committee (comprises of staff members and volunteers) and organizing evangelistic and discipleship focus events to preach the good news, make disciples and help women to be connected within the church.
2. Assist overseeing Ladies’ Growth Groups Ministry
To lead and help oversee our Ladies Growth Groups (small groups that meet for bible study, prayer, fellowship and support). This includes preparation for bible study, participation in leadership training, following up with group members, supporting and equipping other female Growth Group leaders, identifying potential leaders and training them.
3. Assist running Equip Courses
To assist in running adult courses at St Andrew’s (known as Equip courses) in areas such as parenting and marriage.
4. Pastoral Worker at 8:30 am, 9:30 am & 11:30 am Services
To assist the clergy and other pastoral workers in providing pastoral care to women attending St Andrew’s morning services. This includes meeting women one to one for bible reading and prayer.
The successful applicant must be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role. Essential requirements include:
1. High level of biblical and theological skills.
2. Excellence in reading the bible one-to-one with women, leading bible studies, visiting groups and providing feedback.
3. Formal theological training at a minimum of diploma level. Bachelor of Theology preferred.
4. High competence in mentoring, coaching and training leaders.
5. High competence in pastoral care and counselling.
6. Proficiency in English is a must and proficiency in Cantonese is highly preferred.
Contract Position – 2 years contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance
44-hour per week structured in eleven four-hour sessions.
4 weeks annual leave
Salary depends on experience