Shatin Anglican Church (STC) is seeking a full time staff member to lead our youth ministries.
Shatin Anglican Church is an international, English-speaking evangelical church of about 300 weekly attending members. We’re a diverse and vibrant church in the heart of New Territories in Hong Kong. We are a daughter church of St. Andrew’s Church in Kowloon.
The candidate will oversee a growing youth ministry at STC and work together with other members of the staff in leading the congregation. The attendance number for our Sunday youth ministry Solid Rock is about 35-40.
• Godly character and self-motivated
• Experience in youth ministry and working with volunteers
• Able to recruit and train leaders
• Genuine love for youth
• English speaker with excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Theological training
Youth Work Details
• Responsible for all the activities for the 11-18 year olds in the church.
• Organize weekly meetings on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings
• Meet with the youth one to one
• Recruit, train and support volunteers
• Complete all the admin tasks related to the ministry
• Partner with and help to equip parents
• Participate in weekly staff meetings and other church events
• Organize and prepare All Age services together with the Children’s Worker
• Engage the youth in serving and missions
• Outreach with students in local schools at weekly lunch clubs
He/she will be directly accountable to the minister-in-charge.
Initially the contract will be for two years. However, our hope is that the right person could stay on for several years.
Salary and Conditions
Salary for the staff will depend on experience and qualification. The person will be entitled to four weeks annual leave, basic medical cover and approved ministry expenses.
Application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and at least three referees, including your current pastor. Application should be sent to Rev. Heewoo Han at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include full name, address, phone number and email addresses of all referees. For more information, please email or contact pastor Heewoo at +852 2693 9575.
The deadline for the application is Feb 28th, 2019.