Shatin Anglican Church (STC) is seeking a full or part-time staff member to lead our children's ministries.
Shatin Anglican Church is an international, English-speaking evangelical church of about 300 weekly attending members. We’re a diverse and vibrant church in the heart of New Territories in Hong Kong. We are a daughter church of St. Andrew’s Church in Kowloon.
The candidate will oversee a growing children’s ministry at STC and work together with other members of the staff in leading the congregation. Currently weekly attendance for children’s ministry is around 60.
• Godly character and self-motivated
• Experience in running children’s program and working with volunteers
• Able to recruit and train leaders
• Genuine love for children and children’s ministry
• English speaker with excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Theological training
Children’s Work Details
• Being responsible for all the activities for 0-11 year olds in the church
• Preparing and teaching Bible based and age appropriate lessons
• Completing all the admin and rosters for the children's ministry
• Training and supporting the team of 40 volunteers to teach, disciple and build relationships with the children
• Keeping child protection policies up to date and training volunteers in the church's policy
• Partnering with and equipping parents
• Planning the children's talk in the main service each Sunday
• Planning and organizing All Age Services together with the youth worker.
He/she will be directly accountable to the minister-in-charge.
Initially the contract will be for two years. However, our hope is that the right person could stay on for several years.
Salary and Conditions
Salary for the staff will depend on experience and qualification. The person will be entitled to four weeks annual leave, basic medical cover and approved ministry expenses.
Application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and at least three referees, including your current pastor. Application should be sent to Rev. Heewoo Han at email@example.com. Please include full name, address, phone number and email addresses of all referees. For more information, please email or contact pastor Heewoo at +852 2693 9575.
The deadline for the application is Feb 28th, 2019.