St Andrew’s is an Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Mandarin. We are looking for a Women’s Pastoral Worker to work with the Associate Minister (Groups and University Ministry) in discipling women among our English speaking congregation.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the Associate Minister (Groups and University) with Growth Groups
St Andrew’s has an extensive network of small groups that meet for bible study, prayer, fellowship and support. These groups meet onsite and around HK. The Pastoral Worker will assist the Associate Minister in oversight, recruitment, training and support of group leaders, especially female leaders. This assistance will also include necessary administration, communication, and event management.
2. Assist overseeing 20's & 30's ministry
St Andrew’s 20's & 30's ministry currently consists of 8 groups and is rapidly growing. Responsibilities in this area include leading groups, training leaders and coordinating events.
3. Assist overseeing university student ministry
St Andrew’s university student ministry currently consists of 2 groups. This is a ministry with a lot of potential but needs someone who is a self-starter to help develop it. Responsibilities include leading groups and mentoring students.
4. Pastoral Worker at the 5pm Evening Service
St Andrew’s 5pm service currently has an attendance of about 250-280 people weekly, many of whom also attend the 20s & 30s ministry. Responsibilities include providing pastoral care to women attending this service and helping to coordinate women’s events.
5. Assist overseeing women’s ministry
St Andrew’s women’s ministry committee organizes evangelistic and discipleship focus events to preach the good news, make disciples and help women to be connected within the church. Responsibilities include assist in the leading of the women’s ministry committee and coordinating events.
1. The successful applicant must be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role. Essential requirements include:
2. Excellence in reading the bible one-to-one with women, leading bible studies, visiting groups and providing feedback.
3. High competence in mentoring, coaching and training leaders.
4. Provide pastoral care for women in need.
5. Competency in event management.
6. High level of biblical and theological skills.
7. Formal theological training at a minimum of diploma level. Bachelor of Theology preferred.
8. Proficiency in English is a must and proficiency in Cantonese is highly preferred.
Contract Position – 2 years contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance
44-hour per week structured in eleven four-hour sessions
4 weeks annual leave
Salary depends on experience