St Andrew’s is an Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Putonghua.
We are seeking to appoint a Women’s Pastoral Worker to work with the Associate Minister (Growth Groups & Young Adults Ministries) in discipling women among our English-speaking congregations. She will assist the Associate Minister in the oversight, recruitment, training and support of the female group leaders. She will also assist in the running and growth of our young adults and university students’ ministries.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist overseeing Growth Groups Ministry
St Andrew’s has an extensive network of small groups that meet for bible study, prayer, fellowship and support. These groups meet onsite and around HK. The Pastoral Worker will assist the Associate Minister in oversight, recruitment, training and support of female group leaders. This assistance will also include necessary administration, communication, and event management.
2. Assist overseeing 20's & 30's Ministry
St Andrew’s 20's & 30's ministry currently consists of 8 groups and is rapidly growing. Responsibilities in this area include leading groups, training leaders and coordinating events.
3. Assist overseeing University Students’ Ministry
St Andrew’s university students’ ministry currently consists of 2 groups. This is a ministry with a lot of potential but needs someone who is a self-starter to help develop it. Responsibilities include leading groups and mentoring students.
4. Pastoral Worker at 11:30 am and 5 pm Services
St Andrew’s 11:30 am and 5 pm services currently have a weekly attendance of about 600-650 and 250-280 people respectively, many of whom also attend the 20s & 30s ministry. Responsibilities include providing pastoral care to women attending these services and meeting women one to one for bible reading and prayer.
5. Assist the running of Women’s Ministry
St Andrew’s Women’s Ministry Committee (comprises of staff members and volunteers) organizes evangelistic and discipleship focus events to preach the good news, make disciples and help women to be connected within the church. Responsibilities include assist in running of the Committee and coordinating events.
The successful applicant must be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role. Essential requirements include:
1. High level of biblical and theological skills.
2. Excellence in reading the bible one-to-one with women, leading bible studies, visiting groups and providing feedback.
3. Formal theological training at a minimum of diploma level. Bachelor of Theology preferred.
4. High competence in mentoring, coaching and training leaders.
5. High competence in providing pastoral care for women in need.
6. Competency in event management.
7. Proficiency in English is a must and proficiency in Cantonese is highly preferred.
Contract Position – 2 years contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance
44-hour per week structured in eleven four-hour sessions.
4 weeks annual leave
Salary depends on experience
Your application was submitted successfully.